AURA PART NUMBERING AND ORDERING INFORMATION
Aura follows a unique part numbering system to identify
each type of fitting. The part numbering system is built up as follows
- The first one or two digits denotes the O/D size of the fitting.
'1' stands for a sixteenth of an inch. For example 2 = 1/8", 5
= 5/16", 8 = 1/2".
- In the case of metric standard O/Ds, the first one or two digits
directly denotes the O/D size of the fitting. For example , 4
= 4 mm, 2=12 mm so forth. Also, in the case of metric size fittings,
the first one or two digits are followed by 'm'.
- The letters following the O/D identification denote the type
of fitting. For example, AMC stands for Aura Male Connector.
- The last one or two digits represent the thread size and are
expressed in sixteenths of an inch. For example, 2=1/8", 8 = 1/2".
Standard fittings have the following features:-
- Material : 316 SS, fabricated from bar stock.
- Pipe threads : NPT
- Ferrules : Double compression
Other standards / materials to be specified while ordering.